IAVCEI 2023 session: Landscape evolution in volcanic terrain: magmatism, climate, hydrology, and life

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Leif Karlstrom <leif@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention to IAVCEI 2023 session â??Landscape
evolution in volcanic terrain: magmatism, climate, hydrology, and lifeâ?? in
the Magmatism and Tectonism themed symposia. We are interested in
submissions that explore volcanic-landscape interactions on any scale. This
includes magmatic landscape construction by eruptions or intrusions,
post-eruption environmental recovery, fluvial and hillslope response
following sequences of eruptions, preservation of volcanic deposits and
sedimentary sequences, glacier-volcano interactions, volcano ecology, and
any other connection between the surface environment and volcanic systems.
We anticipate that this session will represent a diversity of scientific
approaches and diverse data, integrating observations, models, and driving
questions from climate drivers of volcanism to volcanic drivers of
long-term climate and environmental change.

The submission deadline is September 2nd, possibility NZST, so we encourage
submissions by September 1st.

Leif Karlstrom (U Oregon)

Kathy Cashman (U Oregon)

Natalia Deligne (USGS HVO)