Extension Special Issue "The Fate of Volatiles and Metals in Magmas: Volcanic Eruptions, Plutons and Ore Deposits"

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: "Troch, Juliana" <TrochJ@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are still accepting manuscript submissions for the Frontiers special
issue on "The Fate of Volatiles and Metals in Magmas: Volcanic Eruptions,
Plutons and Ore Deposits".

Due to multiple requests, we have extended the submission period for
manuscripts until the end of the summer. *The new deadline is September 26,
2022*. However, we would like to encourage you to submit at any point
before then.

This Research Topic welcomes studies that examine the magmatic processes
that control the evolution of volatiles and metals in subduction-related
and intra-plate magmatic systems, from melt generation in the mantle, to
final crystallization and fluid exsolution in the upper crust at the near
surface. We aim to improve our understanding of volatiles and metals
solubilities in magmas, with a special emphasis on elements that are key to
form ore deposits and/or susceptible to impact global climate (H2O, CO2,
H2S, SO4, Cu, Au, Mo, Ag, Sn, W, Pb, Zn, critical minerals).

We encourage studies within the fields of petrology, volcanology, and
economic geology that focus on geological observations, experimental
petrology, geochemistry, geochronology, geophysics, and numerical modelling
to bring new insights into the evolution of these lithosphere-scale
magmatic systems and how they drive the crustal volatile and metal budgets.

A full description of the research topic and direct access to the
submission portal is available under this link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/30569__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e3Y_u46LPb-TL2Zb7BJycEL59HifcRkFt7JboX1PTyCeRc0KnxkcXXGJxvIfZuKy0UVbCuUNPd80Kba9$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/30569__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YfsJ2ZNIjeNEKhzGaJm-VuPfzY1bCoXwY-83njq9lwdaPdqnTMgtfONw32Axj1Lw9CxHpjmaxOzR124MKg$>

Additional information can be found here:
â?¢ Author guidelines: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/about/author-guidelines__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e3Y_u46LPb-TL2Zb7BJycEL59HifcRkFt7JboX1PTyCeRc0KnxkcXXGJxvIfZuKy0UVbCuUNPXi-TC-7$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/about/author-guidelines__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YfsJ2ZNIjeNEKhzGaJm-VuPfzY1bCoXwY-83njq9lwdaPdqnTMgtfONw32Axj1Lw9CxHpjmaxOw_gmBGXA$>
â?¢ List of article types and publishing fees:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e3Y_u46LPb-TL2Zb7BJycEL59HifcRkFt7JboX1PTyCeRc0KnxkcXXGJxvIfZuKy0UVbCuUNPYzqu4Po$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YfsJ2ZNIjeNEKhzGaJm-VuPfzY1bCoXwY-83njq9lwdaPdqnTMgtfONw32Axj1Lw9CxHpjmaxOxxF1xOYw$>

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to indicate your
interest in participating or have any questions regarding the submission
process. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Juliana Troch
Topic Editor,
Petrology Section, Frontiers in Earth Science

On behalf of the Topic Editors
Hervé Rezeau, University of Arizona, Tucson, United States
Francesca Forni, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Juliana Troch, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Washington,
United States
Ying-Jui Hsu, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Simon Large, Natural History Museum, London, United Kingdom

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4