MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS 2022: in-person event in Munich, Germany, from 30 May through 3 June

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: mgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear colleagues,

It's my pleasure to announce the 23rd edition of the MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS
workshop that will be held in Munich, Germany, from 30 May through 3 June
2022. (For those attending EGU in Vienna in person, Vienna and Munich are
only a 4-hours train ride apart.)

In the current situation, we are positive that we can return to the
in-person format in Munich. Maximum participant number is 25. *As a health
safety measure, participants have to be vaccinated.* Please understand that
we cannot be held liable for any expenses if we had to return to an online
format due to changed COVID-19 rules.

The course is composed of theoretical lectures and lab tours. During the
lectures, we will discuss the state-of-the-art knowledge on silicate melts
and how it can be applied to magmatic processes. During the lab tours, the
participants will be introduced to measurement techniques and sample
analysis. The in-person format will allow for ample time to discuss open
questions or potential scientific collaborations.
The level is for geoscientists with some background in silicate melts and
volcanology. We will incur a registration fee that depends on your
scientific status. The registration fee includes course materials, coffee,
tea and cookies as well as one icebreaking dinner on Monday evening.

Please be advised that travel and housing are not included in the
registration fee. We are located in downtown Munich:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.en.mineralogie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/ueber_uns/directions/index.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!IVgUJ-mDim6SFuL-Wd-0q_9l4MczQ1Qsvylm6Q4HNlRVndhpJ6CrgArU1ccNvQM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.en.mineralogie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/ueber_uns/directions/index.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KzCVu2NPD0hf3C-pOw4UQXh_VnYP61lQz07sd-50-1JvuDCnYGVcy_XRRrHVpUM$>

For registration, please fill this form:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbb90runIAVdrVmM3Y8NoUjBQeA8Mjk97K2ZJHckjA_xtt_Q/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!IVgUJ-mDim6SFuL-Wd-0q_9l4MczQ1Qsvylm6Q4HNlRVndhpJ6CrgArUgPm4XI4$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbb90runIAVdrVmM3Y8NoUjBQeA8Mjk97K2ZJHckjA_xtt_Q/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KzCVu2NPD0hf3C-pOw4UQXh_VnYP61lQz07sd-50-1JvuDCnYGVcy_XREDZME1M$>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2