SEAK2022 Workshop posting

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Joseph Licciardi <licciarj@xxxxxxx>

We are pleased to announce SEAK2022 - a virtual workshop May 24-26 focusing
on the natural history of SE Alaska, and neighboring regions along the
British Columbia coast. We are seeking presentations on climate change, ice
sheet dynamics, volcanic geohazards, Ice Age refugia, biodiversity, and
biogeographic history.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.glyfac.buffalo.edu/Faculty/briner/SEAK2022/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!POH_ldR6leC1h1ZZxsEWCjN8fRyYXJOXxTFNd5LTsN_lX5aJc_OVckpt8K_brc0$
Please visit the workshop website for more information

Registration is free. Deadline for contacting us with a talk suggestion is
April 22. Deadline for abstract submission is May 6.

To indicate interest in attending and/or to suggest a contribution, email
jbriner@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jbriner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The program will be dictated by those interested in participating. We
envision having one day focused on identifying gaps in knowledge about the
geologic history, with a focus on past glaciation and volcanism in the
Quaternary. We envision another day focused on identifying gaps in
knowledge of biodiversity patterns and biogeographic history through the
last glaciation and across the Holocene. We plan to make time for break-out
discussions that will lead to a workshop report that identifies key gaps in
knowledge, and how to fill them.

Charlotte Lindqvist
Jason Briner
Britta Jensen
Joe Licciardi

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OAhYqCuzJuTUR3Z8BRGV4ZrgaD6m9cFhwWs8Uyx4kaI6JmzYNlFprDkmqCfNiqI$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OAhYqCuzJuTUR3Z8BRGV4ZrgaD6m9cFhwWs8Uyx4kaI6JmzYNlFprDkm-dibFcA$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OAhYqCuzJuTUR3Z8BRGV4ZrgaD6m9cFhwWs8Uyx4kaI6JmzYNlFprDkmNTQset8$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 23 Mar 2022 to 25 Mar 2022 (#2022-33)