2022 Goldschmidt session 3g--Non-traditional stable isotopes as new windows into the evolution of the silicate Earth

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: <mvarasreus@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

If you are working in non-traditional stable isotopes and high-temperature
geochemical processes, consider submitting your abstract to the 2022
Goldschmidt session 3g â??Non-traditional stable isotopes as new windows into
the evolution of the silicate Earthâ??.

This yearâ??s meeting will be held in Honolulu, Hawaii, in a hybrid format
(on-site and virtual), from 10-15 July 2022.

The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 1 March 2022. A description of the
session is provided below and we are happy to have Dr. Anat Shahar as our
keynote speaker.

We look forward to meeting at Goldschmidt, either in person or virtually,

Best wishes,

Maria I. Varas-Reus, Francois Tissot, Mauricio Ibañez-Mejia, Heye Freymuth
and Haolan Tang

For further information about the session, please visit the page
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3401__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!PXa-_7eSyNkZBYRWN85bdObdF9_5Xkn-JEL11MAb3YKR0jg8VyRJJ_Jxp0MGWbI$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3401__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!K0HEH18WUEHziDsMiv7q08uLDQAUR6HP-3lmJkR637aqZikouXyY1QE7Aa1Wo0Q$>

Session Name:

*3g Non-traditional stable isotopes as new windows into the evolution of
the silicate Earth*

Session Description:

In recent years, and thanks to improved analytical capabilities, heavy
stable isotopes (e.g., Mg, Fe, Se, Ti, Zr, Mo) have emerged as powerful new
windows into high-temperature geochemical processes. Isotope ratios that
were once considered invariant now reveal permil to sub-permil variations
that allow us to study diverse problems ranging from core formation to
mantle and crust evolution as well as subduction recycling. Some heavy
stable isotopes are also sensitive to changing redox conditions at the
surface through geological time and may offer unique insights into Earthâ??s
coupled endogenic and exogenic evolution into a habitable system.

In this session, we invite submissions focusing on emerging and more mature
â??non-traditionalâ?? isotope systems that: (1) contribute to our basic
understanding of these systems (e.g., constraining modern global cycles,
understanding isotopic fractionations, theoretical systematics), (2) make
use of these proxies to address first-order scientific questions regarding
the evolution of Earthâ??s lithosphere. We welcome studies exploring the full
range of temporal and/or length-scales - from Hadean to modern; from micron
size systems (single-crystals and below) to global reservoirs - where the
stable isotope chemistry of heavy elements are now being used.

Theme:

*Theme 03: Earthâ??s Lithosphere Formation and Evolution from Hadean to
Modern*

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1