MDE Draft Report Chapter for SZ4D - Input needed by February 10

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Diana Roman <droman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear volcano community,

We, the members of the SZ4D
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sz4d.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OTXaYaOwSjle_G-Cr3r69e6EaaEjZOKOpYBkr03n_aXNcPncV_D88ParJfmtPjI$>
Magmatic
Drivers of Eruption (MDE
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sz4d.org/volcanoes__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OTXaYaOwSjle_G-Cr3r69e6EaaEjZOKOpYBkr03n_aXNcPncV_D88ParroT7ORE$>)
Working Group, would like to solicit your input to a draft report chapter
summarizing the MDE component of a future SZ4D Program. Over the last year,
we have received thoughtful feedback on our evolving plan from the
community through townhalls, webinars and other mechanisms; we want to
thank everyone who has taken the time to engage with us and generously
share thoughts and ideas. Numerous aspects of the envisioned MDE part of an
SZ4D have evolved significantly over the last year in response to this
feedback.

Chapter 2.2 of the SZ4D Implementation Plan draft report (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sz4d.org/projects-3__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KVeaYKrGJ2RtcpTjjbCCfggd2AFoz7KGPnuLw2XWytW5R83R_4h4w8s-vabyM4I$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sz4d.org/projects-3__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OTXaYaOwSjle_G-Cr3r69e6EaaEjZOKOpYBkr03n_aXNcPncV_D88ParWvf2_EU$>)
summarizes the MDE component of SZ4D. *We would like your feedback on how
to strengthen and refine the plan for the MDE component of SZ4D to ensure
it represents the community vision *and to make as strong, compelling and
coherent a case for a new program focused on understanding the processes
underlying subduction zone geohazards as possible. The final version of
this report (to be released in late 2022) will serve as the basis for
proposals to fund various elements of a future SZ4D Program.

There are several ways that you can provide your feedback on this chapter:

â?¢ Provide Input Using this Survey:  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/upD5bRWS184v3uy76__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KVeaYKrGJ2RtcpTjjbCCfggd2AFoz7KGPnuLw2XWytW5R83R_4h4w8s-wrYedzU$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/upD5bRWS184v3uy76__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OTXaYaOwSjle_G-Cr3r69e6EaaEjZOKOpYBkr03n_aXNcPncV_D88ParVZ_9vdc$>

â?¢ Email the entire MDE Working Group (mde@xxxxxxxx)

â?¢ Email any of us individually with your comments (see names and email
addresses below)

*As we will begin revising the report chapter in approximately one month,
your feedback would be most helpful by February 10*. We look forward to
hearing from you!

Best wishes,

The SZ4D MDE Working Group:

Peter Barry     <pbarry@xxxxxxxx>
Benjamin Black  <bblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Claire Bucholz  <cbucholz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Helge Gonnermann <helge@xxxxxxxx>
Patricia Gregg  <pgregg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Matt Haney      <mhaney@xxxxxxxx>
Christian Huber <christian_huber@xxxxxxxxx>
Shaul Hurwitz   <shaulh@xxxxxxxx>
Adam Kent       <Adam.Kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Eric Kiser      <ekiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter LaFemina  <pcl11@xxxxxxx>
Yves Moussallam <yves.moussallam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Diana Roman     <droman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Christy Till    <cbtill@xxxxxxx>
Rick Wessels    <rwessels@xxxxxxxx>
Heather Wright  <hwright@xxxxxxxx>

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KVeaYKrGJ2RtcpTjjbCCfggd2AFoz7KGPnuLw2XWytW5R83R_4h4w8s-FUtzugg$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KVeaYKrGJ2RtcpTjjbCCfggd2AFoz7KGPnuLw2XWytW5R83R_4h4w8s-vfheg-Q$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KVeaYKrGJ2RtcpTjjbCCfggd2AFoz7KGPnuLw2XWytW5R83R_4h4w8s-nkv6f1E$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 10 Jan 2022 to 12 Jan 2022 (#2022-5)