2022 dates for International Volcanological Field School at Katmai, Alaska and Mutnovsky, Kamchatka

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Pavel Izbekov <peizbekov@xxxxxxxxxx>

We would like to invite you to our annual field trips at active volcanoes of
Alaska and Kamchatka. The trips are scheduled for the following dates.

*** Katmai, Alaska: June 5-18, 2022 ***
The trip provides a unique opportunity to visit the Valley of Ten Thousands
Smokes, the site of the largest eruption in 20th century. Participants will
explore products of the 1912 Katmai eruption, such as valley-filling
ignimbrite deposits, Novarupta Dome, and Katmai Caldera.

*** Mutnovsky/Gorely, Kamchatka: August 9-22, 2022 ***
Participants of this trip will explore two active arc volcanoes - Mutnovsky
and Gorely, featuring a wide range of volcanic processes and phenomena, from
products of caldera-forming eruptions to active fumaroles.

The trips are best suited for graduate and undergraduate students interested
in volcanology, geohazards mitigation, and igneous petrology. Registered
students will receive 3 hours of undergraduate or graduate credit through
UAF. Detailed information and application forms are available at

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://uaf.edu/geosciences/academics/international-volcanology/index.php__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JhnHw_FswNlBRT95uJG5r9kOHcC9xHbhEkUMRvKxtGzvGqnp0oe4cB8IGXlJVCs$
Additional information can be found at our Facebook page
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/volcanoschool/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JhnHw_FswNlBRT95uJG5r9kOHcC9xHbhEkUMRvKxtGzvGqnp0oe4cB8Is5-k6i8$

Applications are accepted on the continuous basis until all vacancies are
filled. Please share this information with students, who might be interested
in joining us.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1