PhD studentship and Postdoc opportunities in the Chinese University of Hong Kong

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Yan Zhan <yzhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I will be beginning as an assistant professor in Fall 2022 at the Chinese
University of Hong Kong. I am actively recruiting graduate students and
postdocs.

About the project:
Forecasting volcanic eruptions using precursory deformation, seismicity,
and gas emissions during episodes of volcanic unrest is one of
volcanologyâ??s most significant challenges. Formulations of the host
rocksâ?? response to the migration and evolution of fluids (e.g., magma,
hydrothermal fluids, and gas) are critical but not easy. The proposed
research will develop numerical models that integrate both experimental
and geophysical data to advance our understanding of the subsurface
processes during volcanic unrest. Note: the project is not limited to
modeling volcanic unrest. If you are interested in the mechanism of
crustal deformation, earthquakes, landslides, hydrothermal systems, or
other geodynamic problems, please contact me for more information.

SUPERVISOR: Dr. Yan Zhan (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geoyanzhan.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ly41kb-JoG_QqKMKiDe5VUz_Chskj-svG76MxOKBRPLLF2lNINKAjKYdILrlzyc$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geoyanzhan.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KIWKIisHgJemEqBH3WGFA_1vr11QxN5Qdmv8PZySgMdAdwXkKVUryjpNBB1CnyU$>)
(research
interests: geophysical volcanology, earthquake dynamics, lithospheric
deformation, numerical modeling, data assimilation)

FULL DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/sci/essc/pg_prg.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ly41kb-JoG_QqKMKiDe5VUz_Chskj-svG76MxOKBRPLLF2lNINKAjKYdaiiJy0k$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/sci/essc/pg_prg.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KIWKIisHgJemEqBH3WGFA_1vr11QxN5Qdmv8PZySgMdAdwXkKVUryjpNf0kpbt8$>

DEADLINE:
12:00 noon, 1 December 2021 (Hong Kong time, for applicants who apply for a
PhD programme through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Ly41kb-JoG_QqKMKiDe5VUz_Chskj-svG76MxOKBRPLLF2lNINKAjKYdbHtM-3I$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KIWKIisHgJemEqBH3WGFA_1vr11QxN5Qdmv8PZySgMdAdwXkKVUryjpNdD7JHno$>

28 January 2022 (For applicants who apply for MPhil programme and PhD
programme directly with CUHK).

Please feel free to email yzhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with any questions or
queries.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1