AGU V004 - Chemistry, Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Mattia Pistone <Mattia.Pistone@xxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We invite you all to contribute to our session "V004: Chemistry, Mechanics,
Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes" of AGU 2021. Here the
abstract of the session:

*Revealing the volumes, mechanics, chemistry, and temporal evolution of
magma bodies in the Earthâ??s lithosphere, and how they contribute to its
architecture and dynamics requires integration of multiple types of
observations, and cross-disciplinary collaboration among geologists,
geochemists, petrologists, geochronologists, volcanologists, and
geophysicists. We aim to bring together researchers from across these
disciplines to probe questions such as how do we:*

   - *detect magma bodies and determine their volume and geometry*
   - *quantify time-integrated chemical, mechanical, and thermal processes*
   - *determine the frequency of magma injections, dykes, and melt
   extraction events*
   - *interrogate minerals, glasses/melts, and volatile emissions, to
   constrain the timescales and location of magmatic processes*
   - *decipher signs of volcanic unrest with respect to magmatic processes.*

*We encourage researchers that study magmatic processes using field
studies, geophysical observations, laboratory analysis, modelling, and/or
experimental simulations on any scale to submit contributions to this
session.*

This year our keynote speakers are Madison Myers (Montana State University)
and Susanna Ebmeier (University of Leeds). Join them with your
contributions!

Looking forward to seeing you in person and virtually in New Orleans!

Best,

Meredith Townsend (University of Oregon)

Benoît Taisne (Earth Observatory of Singapore, Nanyang Technological
University)

Bradley Singer (University of Wisconsin Madison)

Mattia Pistone (University of Georgia)

PS = get vaccinated! let's defeat this bloody pandemic!

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JmAgtsaAXGpYUIGVkw4O-pNEGA6CO0qehRG54133JItAmL5ryRG8DcTmYvrhb50$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JmAgtsaAXGpYUIGVkw4O-pNEGA6CO0qehRG54133JItAmL5ryRG8DcTmkd3JHrQ$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JmAgtsaAXGpYUIGVkw4O-pNEGA6CO0qehRG54133JItAmL5ryRG8DcTmJ9w2tKo$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 23 Jul 2021 to 26 Jul 2021 (#2021-69)