EUROVOLC project: questionnaire on volcanic crisis exercises

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Laura Sandri <laura.sandri@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleague,

in the framework of the Eurovolc project*, we have created a questionnaire
to collect, review and analyse the lessons learnt and experience gained in
past volcanic crisis exercises; the aim is to create a template for the
organisation of future exercises.

In order to achieve this goal, we are interested in receiving feedback from
scientific institutions or civil protection/decision makers that have
participated in past volcanic crisis simulation exercises.

The questionnaire is organised in 6 different sections, which include
general information and objectives of the exercise, scientific information
provided before and during the exercise, communication issues between
scientists and decision-makers, lessons learnt and key elements for the
organisation of further exercises.

Filling in the questionnaire is very simple, it is done online via a link
to a document in "google form" format and takes approximately 15 minutes.
We have prepared it in four languages, so please feel free to select the
one you prefer.

Due to EUROVOLC projectâ??s timing, the strict deadline to compile this is June
30th 2021.

The links to the questionnaires are:

- English:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWIUnewmBjnbhFNH4-GzFHN-i0FZ1I7y1h9F6ByAn69OkWzw/viewform?usp=sf_link

- Spanish:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1ATebOE7M-mjdr_7TNyzYP0h_CL3yF6cWv-CP056b10a_mw/viewform?usp=sf_link

- French:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvh0BR-CJoixpyPkCPX1lb21b2CPwYp8Z-4l7XGeJLMuIIYA/viewform?usp=sf_link

- Italian

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdsLzl2jmpQwYt2eB_c6CPD0OSRYu4vbnNZP1cKfE9ShE2K-g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Further information can be requested to:

   -

   Laura Sandri, researcher at INGV- Bologna (Italy)  laura.sandri@xxxxxxx
   -

   Chiara Cristiani, public official at Italian Civil Protection
   Department  chiara.cristiani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   -

   Adelina Geyer Traver,  researcher at CSIC Barcelona (Spain)
   ageyertraver@xxxxxxxxx

We thank you warmly and we apologize if you got this message from multiple
sources.

Yours,

Laura, Adelina, Chiara, Rosella and Silvia

*EUROVOLC - European Network of Observatories and Research Infrastructures
for Volcanology- is a three-year (2019-2021) European Commission H2020
research and innovation project, coordinated by the Icelandic
Meteorological Office. The EUROVOLC consortium includes 19 partners among
Universities, volcano observatories and Civil Protection authorities from
Italy, Iceland, UK, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, France, Ireland and
Spain. The project activities include four broad transversal themes: community
building, volcano-atmosphere interaction, sub-surface progress, volcanic
crisis preparedness and risk management.

For more details, please visit the webpage https://eurovolc.eu/

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5