Update on the Tephra Workshop planned for May 2021

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Steve Kuehn <kuehnsc@xxxxxxxxx>

Colleagues,

The tephra working group is making fantastic progress on best practice
recommendations < https://zenodo.org/record/4075613 > and their
implementation.

We are currently working with EarthChem < https://earthchem.org > and the
System for Earth SAmple Registration (SESAR) < http://www.geosamples.org >
on a new set of templates for tephra sample documentation, geochemical
method documentation, and data reporting using recommended best-practice
data and metadata fields.  We are close to going live with a new tephra
portal on the EarthChem website that will allow users to follow simple
workflows to register tephra sites and samples at SESAR and submit
microanalytical data to EarthChem.

In order to complete these recent developments so that we can highlight
them at our next workshop, we have decide to postpone our May 2021 workshop
to a later date TBD.

Best regards,

Steve Kuehn <sckuehn@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Kristi Wallace <kwallace@xxxxxxxx>