3-year PhD position on subglacial floods at University of Potsdam

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Eva Eibl <eva.ps.eibl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to bring a PhD position to your attention and would be glad if
you could forward it.

Ice-covered volcanically active regions often produce natural hazards such
as subglacial floods. These floods can be tracked while still propagating
subglacially (Eibl et al. 2020) using seismic arrays. Within the here
advertised PhD we will focus on the seismic fingerprint of these subglacial
floods, studying e.g. the generation of the signals and the migration
speeds along parts of the flood path, to improve the early warning and
mitigate the negative effects of these floods.

The PhD position at the University of Potsdam is funded by the DAAD.

Duration: 3 years from 1.10.2021

Application deadline: 1.3.2021

More information can be found here:
https://www.uni-potsdam.de/fileadmin/projects/natriskchange/Ank%C3%BCndigungen/Ausschreibung_DAAD_GSSP__2021_Geophysik-2.pdf