Teaching assistant professor position, Geology and Geological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Wendy Bohrson <bohrson@xxxxxxxxx>

Colleagues,

Below please find information about a teaching assistant professor position
in the Department of Geology and Geological Engineering at Colorado School
of Mines.  Mines attracts hard working, dedicated, and intellectually
gifted students, and the Department looks forward to adding a new faculty
member.

Please share with interested PhD students, post-docs and other colleagues.

Many thanks for your help in getting the word out about our new position.

Best wishes for a healthy and productive 2021.

Wendy Bohrson

*bohrson@xxxxxxxxx <bohrson@xxxxxxxxx>*

*DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY AND GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING - TEACHING ASSISTANT
PROFESSOR*

The Department of Geology and Geological Engineering at the Colorado School
of Mines (Mines) invites applications for a non-tenure track teaching
assistant professor. We welcome applications from candidates who have a
commitment to and passion for teaching undergraduates, for developing and
delivering field-based courses, for assuming leadership of our summer field
camp (as Field Camp Director), and for helping lead our undergraduate
recruiting and outreach efforts. The successful candidate is encouraged to
be a leader in educating our faculty about recent pedagogical advancement.
Early-career candidates who developed a passion for teaching during their
PhD training are encouraged to apply.

The successful candidate will teach primarily at the undergraduate level.
The primary teaching load of this position will depend on the candidateâ??s
areas of expertise and will include a combination of classes in
introductory geology and geological engineering, geological field methods,
advanced physical geology, thermodynamics and geochemistry, mineralogy and
petrology, and an elective class. This position will also be primarily
responsible for the management of our Summer Field camp, a 6-week
experience in May and June for rising senior undergraduates and will teach
at least one of the 6 weeks. The candidate will also make critical
contributions to our undergraduate recruiting and outreach events.

The full position description and information for applying is at:

*https://jobs.mines.edu/en-us/job/494673/department-of-geology-and-geological-engineering-teaching-assistant-professor
<https://jobs.mines.edu/en-us/job/494673/department-of-geology-and-geological-engineering-teaching-assistant-professor>*

We will begin to review applications on February 15th.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1