IAVCEI ECR-Net Virtual Panel: Working at Observatories Part 2 - 2 July 4PM UCT

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: IAVCEI ECR-Net <ecrnetiavcei@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear early-career volcanologists and enthusiasts,

after the success of our virtual panel on working at observatories in the
Pacific region, the IAVCEI ECR-Net working group is inviting you to the
second part:

*Working at Observatories â?? Part II: Africa, the Caribbean, Europe*

We will discuss the skill sets, training, mindset needed to land a job at
your favourite volcano observatory with this exciting line-up of experts:

   - *Dr. Charles Balagizi *(*Goma Volcano Observatory* â?? OVG, Democratic
   Republic of Congo)
   - *Dr. Annalisa Cappello* (*INGV* â?? Sezione di Catania â?? Observatorio
   Etneo, Italy)
   - *Dr. Sara Barsotti* (*Icelandic Meteorological Office*, Iceland)
   - *Dr. Thomas Christopher *(*Montserrat Volcano Observatory* â?? MVO,
   Montserrat)

And the discussion will be moderated by *Omari Graham *(*The University of
the West Indies Seismic Research Centre*, Trinidad and Tobago).

When:

*Thursday 2 July 2020* at *4:00 PM UTC* (Coordinated Universal Time)

- USA West: Thursday 2 July 9:00 AM (09:00)

- USA East: Thursday 2 July 12:00 noon (12:00)

- UK: Thursday 2 July 5:00 PM (17:00)

- West-Europe, DRC: Thursday 2 July 6:00 PM (18:00)

- West-Indonesia: Thursday 2 July 11:00 PM (23:00)

- Singapore: Thursday 2 July 12:00 midnight (24:00)

Where:

*register in advance* for this Zoom meeting via:
https://psu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqcOmgqzIrHdUpF0Nt0ErqKcXARD-2TKwC

Please use your *institutional e-mail *(previous if you're unaffiliated
right now)* or include your institution in your name* so we can identify
you as honest for meeting security purposes. We all share a fascination for
volcanic bombs, not Zoom-bombsâ?¦

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

The event will take one hour, with ~30 minutes of structured discussion
between panelists and ~30 minutes Q&A with participants. You are welcome to
post your questions on our Facebook group page, Twitter account or via
e-mail to ecrnetiavcei@xxxxxxxxx

Many of you have asked for releasing a recording of the previous event. We
are currently working on making that happen, either via a webpage or
YouTube. Please bear with us while we set up the best strategy.

We are planning to continue holding virtual panel events every 3-4 weeks at
alternating times for the foreseeable future. Stay tuned for â??Work-life
balanceâ?? and â??Science Communication in times of crisisâ??. Suggestions for
other topics and/or panelists are always welcome.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next week!

All the best, take care in these tough times!

Your IAVCEI ECR-Networking group:

Oryaëlle, James, Hannah, Francesca, Rebecca, Omari, Pablo, James, and Sam

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1