2020 edition of MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "mgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

itâ??s my pleasure to announce the 2020 edition of MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS
short course that will take place as online class in the week of 20-24 July
2020.

Due to travel restrictions, we have decided to offer the course (15 hours
of lectures) without the lab demonstrations. The course will cover the
chemical and physical properties of silicate melts and explain how they
control magmatic and volcanic behaviour. A brief structural introduction is
followed by the principles and results of experiments that quantify the
properties of melts, glasses and magmas. The course will be provided in
five 3-hour time slots between Monday and Friday. At this point, the exact
lecture days and hours are still open. Subject to your interest and
availability we will find a convenient time slot accommodating most if not
all participants.

For further info, please contact dingwell@xxxxxx.

More info at
https://www.mineralogie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/aktuelles/mgm2020/index.html