Call for paper- Special Issue: "Applications of Machine Learning on Earth Sciences"

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Luciano Zuccarello <lzuk@xxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,
We are pleased to inform you that Applied Sciences (ISSN 2076-3417) is
currently running a Special Issue entitled "Applications of Machine
Learning on Earth Sciences". This special issue belongs to the section
"Earth Sciences and Geography".

In recent years, interest has increased in time series and image processing
analyses in a number of fields related to earth sciences. The improvements
in data acquisition systems have increased the quantity and quality of data
analysed, processed, and interpreted, and have shortened the time in which
results can be produced. The large data volume acquired by the different
acquisition systems requires suitable analysis tools that enhance
traditional approaches by extracting and applying the latent knowledge
embedded in the data. One of the key challenges is structuring and
organising the huge amount of raw data; the type of information that could
aid the scientific community must be determined to achieve a deeper
knowledge of the complex dynamics that govern the geophysical and
geochemical systems of our planet. Upcoming methodologies need to address
the long-term challenges of data management and accessibility. Data mining,
cloud computing, and machine learning are the most appropriate disciplines
for the analyses of these high throughput data.

In this Special Issue, we welcome contributions concerning recent machine
learning advances applied to earth sciences that improve our understanding
of the complexity of our planet. We would also appreciate if you could
forward this to your team members and colleagues who may also be interested
in the topic. We look forward to hearing from you, and we remain at your
disposal for more information.
We think you could make an excellent contribution so we encourage you to
take a look at the Call for Papers and goals of the Special Issue at the
above link:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/Machine_Learning_Earth_Sciences

The submission deadline is *31 July 2020*. We also encourage authors to
send a tentative title and short abstract to the team of Guest Editors in
advance, at the following email:
lzuk@xxxxxx
janire@xxxxxx

We would also appreciate if you could forward this to your team members and
colleagues who may also be interested in the topic.

We look forward to hearing from you, and we remain at your disposal for
more information.

Editorial Team
Luciano Zuccarello, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain. (lzuk@xxxxxx)
Janire Prudencio, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain. (janire@xxxxxx)

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - http://pdx.edu/

GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/

IAVCEI - https://www.iavceivolcano.org/

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 20 Feb 2020 to 24 Feb 2020 (#2020-24)