Goldschmidt 2020 - Session 05i on volatiles in magmas

7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7

From: Marco Viccaro <m.viccaro@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues

We are very glad to announce the start of the abstract submission for the
next Goldschmidt Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii, June 21-26 2020. We hope
that you will consider submitting an abstract to our session â??*05i - The
Magmatic Breath â?? Volcanic Systems Studied Through Volatile Elements*â??.
Please take a look to the full description of the session below:

*Volatile elements drive much of the volcano plumbing system dynamics.
Their distribution in melts and minerals provide unique information on the
interplay of several concurrent processes acting at different spatial
levels and timescales. These processes include magma generation, modes of
storage, remobilization of mushy systems, interaction/hybridization,
degassing and the transfer upward to the surface. Our ability to interpret
signals in the crystal cargo and their inclusions as well as gas emissions
at the surface is therefore an essential key for a reliable deconvolution
of magmatic events and definition of the volcanic eruption run-up. This
session encourages all scientific contributions aimed at investigating the
role of volatiles and their proxies throughout the whole magma history
using diverse techniques. We welcome investigations based on
experimental/analytical studies and numerical/thermodynamic modeling, along
with interdisciplinary studies probing mechanisms and timescales of how
magmatic and volcanic phenomena are influenced by volatiles.*
Our goal for this theme session is to bring together scientists who work on
volatiles in magmas and on how volatiles influence the eruptive behavior of
volcanic systems on Earth.

Abstract deadline: February 14, 2020
Meeting venue and dates: Honolulu, Hawaii (USA), June 21-26, 2020
Goldschmidt Conference 2020 website is https://goldschmidt.info/2020/

We look forward to seeing you in Honolulu!

7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/