EGU 2020 - Session GMPV 9.9

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Valeria Cigala <vale.cigala@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

This email is to invite you to submit an abstract for the EGU 2020 session
GMPV9.9/NH2.8 'Multidisciplinary characterization, quantification and
modeling of explosive volcanic activity.'

Session description:

'Explosive volcanic eruptions are a spectacular exhibition of complex
dynamics unravelling from deep in the Earth's crust to the atmosphere.
Explosive eruptions are highly variable, ranging from gas outburst and
jetting, to pyroclast-rich jets and ash plumes. Direct observations can be
made of the subaerial eruptive dynamics, while signals, such as, but not
limited to, seismicity, provide information about processes in the
subsurface. Different, but complementary techniques can be used on active
volcanoes to push forward our understanding of the link between above and
below surface dynamics and processes. In this session, we welcome
contributions on explosive volcanic dynamics that use geophysical
observations (e.g. lightning, infrasound, seismic, high-speed visible and
thermal imagery, satellite remote sensing) and numerical and analogue
modelling that work to reconcile theory and observed processes.

In cooperation with NhET (Natural hazard Early career scientists Team).'

We take the chance to remind you that the abstract submission deadline
is *January
15th at h13:00 CET* and that the conference will take place in Vienna,
Austria, from 3 to 8 May 2020.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna.

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/