EGU2020 session - Seismic analysis and geodetic modelling [TS5.1/G3.9/SM1.10]

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: "Cécile Adélie Ducrocq" <cad7@xxxxx>

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.

We would like to draw your attention to our session *TS5.1/G3.9/SM1.10* titled
"*Seismic analysis and geodetic modelling: multi-disciplinary approach to
problem-solving*" at EGU General Assembly (Vienna, Austria, May 3-8 2020).

*Seismic activity and crustal deformation are indicative of underlying
plate tectonic and/or volcanic processes. Their connectedness is often
non-linear and non-sequential. Seismic activity can result in crustal
deformation in a tectonically or volcanically active region, while
deformation arising from these forces can harness seismic potency. In
isolation, seismic and geodetic (GNSS, InSAR) analysis potentially run the
risk of delivering partial inferences, especially in compound geodynamic
settings. Evidently, independently obtained results from seismic and
geodetic observations are heavily reliant on the data type, methodology,
model assumptions, and error estimations. In recent times, there have been
several measures to jointly employ seismic and geodetic data to understand
complex processes in aforementioned settings. Such studies have made
significant contributions to modern and reliable data analysis practices.
Therefore, this session aims to explore ongoing research that works towards
arriving at comprehensive results from both ends of the spectrum;
seismicity, a form of fast deformation, and its relationship with the
slower geodetically measured deformation.*

*The current session invites presentation of research that simultaneously
incorporates seismic and geodetic (GNSS, InSAR) techniques to investigate
any given tectonic and/or volcanic setting. The study may include analyses
of selected earthquakes and related deformation, comparison studies between
seismic and geodetic data analysis, volcanic deformation and associated
seismicity, and seismic cycle monitoring based on both seismology and
geodesy. We also encourage studies using models (analytical or numerical)
linking geodetic and seismic research, such as stress-strain models in
volcanic and tectonic areas.*

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/36282

We are excited to see presentations on various approaches combining models,
seismic and geodetic data sets. We are particularly curious to see the
extensive knowledge that the merging of these two sciences can deliver on
tectonic and volcanic systems around the world.

*The deadline for abstract submission is the January 15, 2020 at 13:00 CET*.

We look forward to seeing you at the EGU General Assembly in 2020.

Happy holidays!

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/