GU 2020 Session GMPV9.1 on Remote Robotics (aka Drones) for Earth Observation and Hazard Monitoring

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Rodgers, Mel" <melrodgers@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Weâ??d like to invite you to submit to our EGU 2020 session â??*Applications of
ground and aerial robotics for Earth observation and hazard
monitoring*â?? (Vienna,
3-8th May 2020). Do you work with remote robotics (aka Drones) of any sort
to study earth observation and hazards? On land, sea and air? Then this is
the session for youâ?¦

Session Details:

Programme Group: GMPV9 â?? Volcanic processes and volcano
monitoring. (Co-organized by AS5/GM2/NH6)

Session Title: GMPV9.1 Applications of ground and aerial robotics for Earth
observation and hazard monitoring

Conveners: Emma Liu, Tom Chudley, Mel Rodgers, Kieran Wood

Session Description: Our ability to observe the Earth has been
revolutionised by technological advances in remotely operable robotics over
the past decade. Innovative robotic strategies are now bridging the gap
between in-situ records and remote sensing, and are providing repeatable
measurements at high spatial and temporal resolution in fields such as:
Volcanic plume processes, atmospheric pollution, glacier dynamics, natural
and anthropogenic radiation, terrain stability and geomorphological
processes, and geophysical surveying. Remotely deployable sensors are now
also facilitating the acquisition of long-term datasets in hazardous
environments. Unoccupied Aerial Systems (UAS), or drones, are arguably the
most widely utilised of robotic platforms, and certainly the most rapidly
expanding application. However, the field of remote robotics also
encompasses ground- or water-based solutions to sampling in previously
inaccessible locations, or for increasing automation in spatial data
collection. We invite abstract submissions demonstrating novel scientific
advances related to ground, underwater and aerial robotics. In particular,
we welcome hazards-based applications utilising robotic strategies for
monitoring, hazard assessment, and community-level capacity building across
the geosciences.

Invited Speakers: Louise Biddle, University of Gothenberg, Sweden. Matt
Westoby, Northumbria University, UK

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/35179

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/