Survey Call: What to do with a PhD in Volcanology outside of Academia?

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Myers, Madison" <madison.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In 2018, we launched the blog â??Careers outside of academia with a Ph.D. in
Volcanologyâ??, with the aim to publish short bios of people in a variety of
non-academic jobs, provide resources and articles discussing the Ph.D. to
job market transition, and present statistics about what life looks like
for Ph.D.-holders outside academia. The feedback thus far has been
overwhelming, with a number of people excited to share their own
personal stories. The large number of clicks on our "spotlight" profiles,
from all over the world, speaks to the interest in - and the need for
information on - alternate careers.

As material for this blog comes from the community, we are seeking a new
group of volcanologists (geochemists/geophysists/petrologists/etc.) who
have made this transition to respond to a short survey. *If you have a
Ph.D. in volcanology/related fields and have transitioned from your Ph.D.
or an academic position into the non-academic job market*, we value your
advice and can learn from your experience!

To participate in our project, *please take the survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZyK0t-lhoqRH_c8r6JIngaAeekxvI9t-3l7piROTvOx7Tog/viewform>*
 and answer as many of the questions as you feel comfortable with*. If you
know someone perfect for this survey, such as a former student, colleague,
or classmate, please pass it along!*

For more information about our mission, the survey, or the responses weâ??ve
had so far, please visit: Volcanologists Outside of Academia
<https://volcanologistsoutsideacademia.wordpress.com/>

Thank you for your time!

*Blog editors,*

*Madison Myers, Julie Oppenheimer, Hannah Dietterich, and Megan Saalfeld *

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/