Igneous Petrology Position at Western Washington University

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Susan DeBari <sue.debari@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for your help in advertising our search for a tenure-track
assistant professor in Igneous Petrology.  This is a tenure track position
in our growing and vibrant Geology department at Western Washington
University, with a start date in September 2020.  We currently have 14
faculty members in a variety of disciplines, and that will grow to
seventeen by fall of 2020, with new assistant professor positions in
planetary geophysics and coastal processes as well as this position in
petrology.

We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about both teaching and
research, and who will involve undergraduate and Masters-level students in
their research.  The department currently has about 150 geology majors and
30 masters students, and we offer our core courses multiple times per year.

Broad areas of interest for the position include, but are not limited to,
the timescales of magmatic processes, the evolution of the continental
crust, mantle, oceanic lithosphere/ocean island/mid-ocean ridge processes,
the recycling of elements and volatiles within arc magmas and subduction
systems, and links between tectonic and magmatic processes.

We are a collegial department and we work to support each other in both our
teaching and research. Our campus has undertaken proactive steps to advance
diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and there is a strong
collaborative approach to making those advances. You can read more about
that here: https://www.wwu.edu/diversity.

*About the University:*  Western Washington University, with over 16,000
students in seven colleges and the graduate school, is nationally
recognized for its educational programs, students and faculty. The campus
is located in Bellingham, Washington, a coastal community of 83,000
overlooking Bellingham Bay, the San Juan Islands and the Cascade mountain
range (including Mt. Baker volcano). The city lies 90 miles north of
Seattle and 60 miles south of Vancouver, British Columbia.

Applications are due December 15, 2019, and you can read the full job ad
here:
https://employment.wwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/497184/assistant-professor-of-igneous-petrology

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/