VOLCANO: FEVER video of volcanic eruptions

From: Luca Caricchi <Luca.Caricchi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: video of volcanic eruptions

Dear all,

As part of an ERC funded project (FEVER: Forecasting the recurrence rate of volcanic eruptions), we produced a video showing all reported eruptions of magnitude between 4 and 7 in the last 11700 years.

The link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TG4v-H1V9Y

The data come from the LaMEVE database (ver. 3.1-VOGRIPA; Crosweller et al., 2012).
Crosweller, H. S. et al., 2012, Global database on large magnitude explosive volcanic eruptions (LaMEVE): Journal of Applied Volcanology, 1:4, doi:10.1186/2191-5040-1-4.

We hope you will find this video useful for teaching,

Tom Sheldrake and Luca Caricchi

Department of Earth Sciences
University of Geneva
Rue des Maraîchers 13