VOLCANO: Volcanoes Top Trumps Community Competition

Volcanoes Top Trumps Community Competition
From: Anna Hicks <anna.hicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Volcanoes Top Trumps Community Competition

We said that our profits from the sales of the VTT cards would go to help affected by volcanic activity. We are now inviting applications to our first Volcanoes Top Trumps Community Competition!

The Competition Prize will be up to £1000, and in this initial round we will award up to three prizes.

The closing date is 5pm  on the 15th of August 2016.

The prize will be won by those who propose exciting and innovative projects with a strong focus on those affected by volcanic activity (or that develop new ways to communicate about volcanic hazards and risk). This will be judged by the Volcanoes Top Trumps Team based on the entry form.

Entries should demonstrate that the project has been designed collaboratively with the needs of the target community or audience in mind, and completed within 12 months. Where appropriate, entrants should be able to demonstrate that they have approval of the local risk management or volcano monitoring agency for their project.

A condition of entering this competition is that you are willing to write a reflective blog on the execution of your project for volcanoestoptrumps.org and that you can accept a payment in pounds sterling.

The application for the competition is accessed by clicking through to our VTT webpage: https://volcanoestoptrumps.org/vtt-community-competition/

We expect prize winners will be announced in early September for projects to run in 2016-2017.

With thanks from the Volcanoes Top Trumps Team:

Anna Hicks
Jenni Barclay
David Pyle
Paul Cole
Jon Stone
Iain Stewart

Any questions should be directed to Anna at ahicks'at'bgs.ac.uk