VOLCANO: SSA 2016. Volcano Seismology Session

SSA 2016. Volcano Seismology Session
From: "Thelen, Weston" <wthelen@xxxxxxxx>

Please consider submitting an abstract to the following volcano seismology section at the Annual Meeting of the Seismological Society of America Conference in Reno Nevada:

How Close are we to an Eruption?

Description: This session seeks to explore how seismology can contribute to the question, "How close are we to an eruption?"  As geophysical networks on volcanoes expand throughout the world, we are becoming better and better at detecting unrest.  While useful in determining that the volcanic hazard has increased, the question of eruption timing still remains, and is most important to impacted populations and government officials.  We invite submissions to this session that help shed light on new or repurposed techniques that may lead to a better sense of the "critical" state of a volcanic system and when it might erupt or escalate in activity.

Abstracts are due January 11, 2016.  See http://www.seismosoc.org/meetings/ssa2016/ for more details.