VOLCANO: Volcanism and Active Geology of the island of Hawai'i (Field-based course through the University of Alaska Fairbanks)

Volcanism and Active Geology of the island of Hawai'i (Field-based course through the University of Alaska Fairbanks)
From: Jeff Freymueller <jfreymueller@xxxxxxxxxx>

This coming January we will once again offer the field-based Wintermester course "Volcanism and Active Geology of the island of Hawai’i”, offered through the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Students will need to arrive in Hawaii on January 3rd, and will be able to fly home on January 12th.  Details of the course and plenty of photos of the field sites and students are on the course web page:

http://www.gps.alaska.edu/jeff/Classes/GEOS393.html

We do ask for a short application process for students who are interested, and you’ll need instructor approval to be able to sign up (registration for Wintermester opens Nov. 16 for students who are not at UAF). More details are on the website.

Most of our students have found it to be a great learning experience and a lot of fun!

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller         Office: 907-474-7286
Geophysical Institute                Cell:   907-378-7556
University of Alaska, Fairbanks    Home:   907-479-3550
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320           email: jfreymueller@xxxxxxxxxx

Download Alaska GPS data: ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/