VOLCANO: AGU 2015. MSNoise Workshop - First Call

AGU 2015. MSNoise Workshop - First Call
From: Thomas Lecocq <thomas.lecocq@xxxxxx>

MSNoise Workshop at AGU 2015 - First Call

Hi All !

There are things coming every year, such as Thanksgiving, or Christmas… And, before Christmas, there is the annual pilgrimage for some 25.000 geoscientists gathering in San Francisco for AGU.  Just like last year, we plan to book a room at the Marriott Marquis to organise a MSNoise workshop ! Last year a full day workshop proved to be perfect in order to install/test MSNoise and to discuss user cases. So, this year again, we plan to organise a 1 day MSNoise workshop on Sunday 13 December!

The aim of this workshop is to demonstrate the powers (and limitations) of the dv/v calculations using ambient seismic noise cross-correlation. The MSNoise package (written in Python) will be introduced and then used by participants on provided demo data. New developments to MSNoise will be presented too: an easier configuration interface, an improved pluggability and the demonstration of external plugins currently in development (e.g. PPSD & RSAM/SSAM). A general schedule will be:

08.30 – 08.45: Welcome
08.45 – 10.00: Introduction to ambient noise cross-correlation & dv/v – Florent Brenguier (ISTerre)
10.00 – 12.00: MSNoise: general presentation -  Thomas Lecocq (Royal Observatory of Belgium)
12.00 – 12.45: Lunch Break (not included)
13.00 – 18.00: Introduction to new stuff (Interface & Plugins) and MSNoise practical session – Thomas & Corentin Caudron (EOSingapore)

Because of high organisational costs, we can’t afford to organise this workshop for free. We will fix a fee when we will have news from the AGU staff, but it will probably be close to last year's fees: 250 USD (200 €) per person, with a discount for students at 185 USD (150 €).

We also plan to allow past participants to attend only the afternoon part of the workshop if they don't want to attend again the introductions (discounts will apply).

The AGU service to book workshop facilities is not yet open, so this is a first call for "_expression_ of interest" to participate. If you are interested, please send a direct email to me (Thomas.Lecocq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) so I can add you on the "temporary list".

Best regards from sunny Brussels,

Thomas