VOLCANO: MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS 2013

MELTS, GLASSES, MAGMAS 2013
From: Ulrich Kueppers <u.kueppers@xxxxxx>

Dear all,

I'd like to announce the "Melts, Glasses, Magmas" short course, held by Prof. Dingwell from 8 through 12 July 2013 at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at University of Munich, Germany.
http://www.en.mineralogie.geowissenschaften.uni-muenchen.de/index.html

This course provides insights into the nature of the liquid state using examples from the silicate systems that play a central role in Earth and Material Sciences. The course comprises lectures and laboratory exercises on density & equation of state, viscosity & rheology, thermochemistry & thermal properties, electrical & optical properties, solubilities of volatiles, surface properties, and strength & hardness.

The registration fee depends on your scientific status.

Information & registration:  dingwell@xxxxxx

Participation is limited so early registration is advised. We work on a first come, first serve basis.

Deadline 1. 6. 2013

servus,

Ulrich Küppers

Dr. Ulrich Kueppers