VOLCANO: Research Fellowship at Open University

Research Fellowship at Open University
From: "S.Blake" <s.blake@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

I’d like to draw your attention to a number of recently advertised 2-year Research Investment Fellowships in the Centre for Earth, Planetary, Space and Astronomical Research at the Open University, UK. One of these fellowships is in the Earth Sciences Discipline and is therefore of immediate interest to volcanologists.

Best wishes,

Steve Blake

Department of Environment, Earth and Ecosystems

CEPSAR

The Open University

Milton Keynes

UK

CEPSAR: http://www8.open.ac.uk/cepsar/

We invite applicants showing outstanding promise and potential for research leadership to apply for an independent research fellowship hosted by the Earth Sciences Discipline in the Open University’s flagship Centre for Earth, Planetary, Space & Astronomical Research (CEPSAR). The post is one of six Research Investment Fellowships aimed at enhancing expertise in research areas of strategic priority for the Faculty of Science.

We seek to make this appointment so as to complement and strengthen our existing research expertise in areas that include isotope and trace element geochemistry, rapid climate change, proxy development, geochemical tracers of volcano hazards, and Earth systems science. We invite applications in any of these or closely related areas with synergies in CEPSAR. The main duties of the post are research-oriented, but it is also hoped that the candidate will be able to consult on strategic areas of teaching need within the Earth Sciences Discipline.

Exceptional candidates with other research interests that would add to our group interests are also encouraged to apply.

You will have a track record of research excellence in Earth science, will have published high quality papers in peer-reviewed journals, and will have presented the results of their research at international conferences. As part of the application you will be asked to provide a detailed research plan.

Closing date: 30 November 2012.

Further particulars and information on how to apply are available at

http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/job-details.asp?id=6521&ref=ext

and

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AFI539/research-investment-fellowship-in-earth-science/