VOLCANO: 2012 Chapman conference monograph - call for titles

2012 Chapman conference monograph - call for titles
From: Rebecca Carey <rebecca.carey@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Volcano Listservers,

In August 2012, we held a very successful Chapman conference on
“Hawaiian Volcanism: From Source to Surface”. Our proposal for an AGU
monograph was also successful and the monograph is intended to provide
a comprehensive overview of the current understanding of Hawaiian
volcanism, as gained by the study of Hawaii and other Hot Spot
Volcanoes.

The intended format of the monograph will closely follow that of the
conference; capturing the novel and innovative science that relates to
Hawaiian volcanism from the source to the surface. Additionally, the
volume will close with an outline of future science directions and
questions associated with basaltic hot spot volcanism.

Information about the August Chapman conference and the program can be
accessed at,

http://chapman.agu.org/hawaii2012/
http://www.agu.org/pubs/pdf/hawaii_program_8-19.pdf

The Editors are myself, Dr. Mike Poland, Dr. Valerie Cayol and Prof.
Dominique Weis. We welcome manuscripts that are related to processes
of Hawaiian and other Hot Spot volcanism (as long as Hawaii is a theme
in the paper – for example, comparing processes at different hot
spots). All submissions will be peer reviewed prior to publication.

We are currently calling for tentative titles and short descriptions
of your intended paper by October 31, 2012. This does not represent a
binding commitment, but instead will allow us to plan for the
structure of the monograph. Please send to Rebecca –
rebecca.carey@xxxxxxxxxxx

March 31, 2013 is the deadline for manuscript submissions for the
Monograph. This date should allow us to finalize the volume by the end
of 2013.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rebecca, Mike, Valerie, Dominique