VOLCANO: Volcandpark Conclusions_ 2012

Volcandpark Conclusions_ 2012
From: Secretary Volcandpark <secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From 21 to 25 May 2012 was held in Olot (Garrotxa, Catalonia, Spain), the 1st international conference on management and awareness in protected volcanic landscapes (VOLCANDPARK CONGRESS).

This conference has meant to fill a gap, globally, in the absence of a periodic meeting where managers of volcanic protected areas could
exchange knowledge, experiences and raise the possibility of launching joint projects.

The Natural Park of Volcanic Zone Garrotxa attached to the Department of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, Food and Natural (DAAM), together
with the city of Olot, the Institute of Earth Sciences Jaume Almera (ICTJA-CSIC) and the Geological Institute of Catalonia have been the organizers of the Congress Volcandpark. And it had the institutional endorsement of the International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI)

This conference was born with the interest of keeping a biannual meeting. Therefore, a first objective was to ensure their sustainability, and today we can announce that the second edition of Volcandpark will take place in Hawaii in 2014.

All information related to the Congress, such as lectures, videos, pictures are being updated on the website of the Natural Park of Volcanic Zone of the Garrotxa: http://bit.ly/PqjXuY

Finally, we attach the conclusions of the congress. We would be grateful if you could help us to spread them through your distribution channels.

Once again we thank you for your interest and collaboration.

For any clarification you can contact us again.

Llorenç Planagumà

VOLCANDPARK CONGRESS

secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.volcandpark1.com