VOLCANO: Job announcement: Tenure-track faculty position at Denison University

From: Erik Klemetti <klemettie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We are looking for a tenure-track assistant professor to join the Department of Geosciences at Denison University. Here is a brief summary of the position:
--
The Department of Geosciences at Denison University invites applications for a tenure track position to begin in Fall 2011. We seek a broadly trained scientist engaged in the study of Earth surface processes and/or environmental change, who shows potential as an outstanding teacher/scholar and who will enhance the diversity of our program. Specific areas of interest include: 1) active tectonics, geomorphology, geophysics or 2) climate or ocean sciences, low-temperature geochemistry, sedimentology/stratigraphy.
We seek a colleague who is committed to teaching excellence in the liberal arts tradition, is field-oriented, has broad interests beyond their specialty, and will provide a balance of classroom, field and laboratory experiences for our students. Denison is a selective liberal arts college strongly committed to, and supportive of, excellence in teaching and active faculty research that involves undergraduate students. A Ph.D. at the time of appointment is required.

Feel free to email me with any questions - and feel free to distribute to any interested parties.
Erik Klemetti
Denison University