VOLCANO: AGU 2010 Session: V23 What Can Pyroclasts Tell Us?

AGU 2010 Session: V23 What Can Pyroclasts Tell Us?
From: "Ulrich Kueppers" <ulli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention and invite submissions to the session

V23: What Can Pyroclasts Tell Us?

at the AGU Fall meeting 2010 (13 – 17 December) in San Francisco, USA.

Many active volcanoes are equipped with various scientific instruments;
nonetheless, our mechanistic understanding of the processes behind recorded
signals and observed phenomena is still insufficient. Pyroclasts, the only
direct witness of an eruption, contain information on the physical processes
during an eruption, transport, and deposition. This session is addressing
scientists from all disciplines analysing volcanic activity with a
deposit-based approach. We seek contributions from field and experimental
volcanology, monitoring and computational modelling. We want to explore the
state-of-the-art in analysing and interpreting pyroclasts, build dialogue
about how best to decipher eruption mechanisms from pyroclastic deposits and
share best practice.

Conveners:

Ulrich Kueppers
Richard Brown
Corrado Cimarelli

Abstract submissions are scheduled to open on 21 July and close on 2
September. Please check the AGU website (
  http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/) for
updates.

Best wishes,

Ulrich, Richard, and Corrado