VOLCANO: Eyjafjallajokull continued

Eyjafjallajokull continued
From: Juerg Alean <juerg.alean@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear volcanophiles

Thanks for your patience when our server was briefly offline and all the positive feedback about the imagery we have been providing of the ongoing eruption of Eyafallajokull.

Recently the eruptive style has changed. Marco Fulle has taken another close look from the air:

http://www.stromboli.net/perm/iceland/eyafallajokull_20100419-en.html

Explosions within the crater caused massive shock waves and, at least once (as recorded by one of the livecams), a long-lasting steam ring very much reminiscent of Mount Etna's.

Kind regards

Marco Fulle, fulle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Juerg Alean, jalean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roberto Carniel, rcarniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx