VOLCANO: One Year Position at Denison University

One Year Position at Denison University
From: Erik Klemetti <klemettie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Visiting Assistant Professor
Geosciences
Denison University

The Department of Geosciences at Denison University invites applications for a 1-year
appointment for the 2010-2011 academic year. The area of specialization is open. Primary
teaching responsibilities will be introductory sections of physical geology and an intermediatelevel
environmental geology course. In addition, the possibility exists to teach an upper-level
course in the candidate’s area of expertise. A completed Ph.D. at time of appointment is
desirable but ABD will be considered. Our department stresses a balance of classroom, field and
laboratory experiences for our majors, and we seek a colleague who will contribute to all of these
components of our undergraduate curriculum. Denison is a selective liberal arts college strongly
committed to and supportive of excellence in teaching and active faculty research that involves
undergraduate students.

Submit application materials electronically at https://employment.denison.edu. Please include a
cover letter; separate teaching and research statements; a vita; academic transcripts or list of
geosciences coursework; and contact information for three references. Please contact Dr. Tod
Frolking, Dept. Geosciences, Denison University, Granville, OH 43023; (740) 587-6217;
frolking@xxxxxxxxxxx or visit http://www.denison.edu/academics/departments/geosciences/ for