VOLCANO: PhD Advice Request

PhD Advice Request
From: Mark Woolley <Mark.Woolley@xxxxxxx>

Hi All

I understand you are pretty busy people but would like to bother you for some advise.

I graduated with 2.1 in Earth Sciences in 1996, worked for 4 years offhsore in wellsite logging and then got into IT.

I am now looking towards a change to PhD in Volcanology (whether be seismic investigation/monitoring etc) - I am not outlining a PhD project here. Just asking for advice on the following:

1. Is there a central place to view current PhD offerings (for 2010 intake)?
2. Advise on further reading to help with applications  (Understood this an extremely broad area - but just directions to best sources etc)

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards
Mark Woolley <Mark.Woolley@xxxxxxx>