VOLCANO: AGU Session V12: Volcano-Tectonics: New Insights from Earth and Other Planets

AGU Session V12: Volcano-Tectonics: New Insights from Earth and Other Planets
From: Eoghan Holohan <holohane@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the provisional titles and authors of
invited contributions to the 2009 AGU session “V12: Volcano-Tectonics:
New Insights from Earth and Other Planets”:

(1) “The role played by lithospheric flexure in the structural
evolution of large volcanic edifices on the terrestrial planets” – Pat
McGovern (Lunar and Planetary Institute, Houston, USA)

(2) “The thick and thin of magma in volcano-tectonics” - Benjamin van
Wyk de Vries (Universite Blaise-Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France).

(3) “Identification of volcanic landforms and processes on Earth and
Mars using geospatial analyses” – Christopher Hamilton and Sarah
Fagents (Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology, Honolulu,
USA)

(4) “Magmatic activity on super-Earths: What do we expect to see?” -
Edwin Kite (University of California, Berkeley, USA).

We would also like to take this opportunity to further encourage your
own participation in the V12 session at the Fall Meeting (December
14th – 18th). The fast-approaching Deadline for Abstract Submission is
Thursday, September 3rd.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco,

E. Cañón-Tapia, E. Herrero-Bervera, E. Holohan & M. Kervyn (Co-conveners)

P.S. Please again accept our apologies for any multiple posts.