Ecuador Volcano Field Guide Website

Ecuador Volcano Field Guide
From: Karen Harpp <kharpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We would like to alert educators and volcanologists to a resource we
have developed recently for volcano-related activities in Ecuador.
The website www.EcuadorVolcanoFieldGuide.com
has been developed to
provide teachers, volcanologists, and tourists with resources to plan
volcano-oriented excursions throughout the Ecuadorian Sierra (e.g.,
field camps, spring break geology trips, and weekend outings). It has
not been constructed by a guide service, though it promotes a select
few that we have used in the past. It has been drafted by individuals
who have experience teaching and working throughout the Sierra in
cooperation with the Instituto Geofísico, the Ecuadorian geophysical
institute responsible for monitoring volcanic unrest in the region.

Links on the homepage map will take the viewer to volcano-specific
web-pages where field guides, field exercises, pictures, maps,
publication lists, and other relevant information has been made
available free-of-charge to the public.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

--Site Developers:

Branden C. Christensen (University of Alaska, branden.christensen@xxxxxxxxx)

Karen S. Harpp (Colgate University, kharpp@xxxxxxxxxxx)