GSA Session on Multidisciplinary Studies of Cascade Volcanism and its Tectonic Setting

From: Michael Rowe <michael-rowe@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

On behalf of myself and the other advocates of the session, I'd like
to invite you to submit an abstract to the Geological Society of
America topical session "Multidisciplinary Studies of Cascade
Volcanism and its Tectonic Setting" (T81).  The meeting, held in
Portland Oregon (18-21 October), provides an ideal location for
discussion of the interplay between tectonism and volcanism in the
Cascade volcanic arc.  This session aims to unite efforts in the
fields of geophysics, geochemistry, experimental petrology, and
tectonics with the intent of understanding the development of the
Cascade volcanic arc and the potential hazards associated with it.
Invited speakers include, Richard Allen, Richard Conrey, and Judy
Fierstien.  This is shaping up to be an excellent session and meeting
in a picturesque location, I hope you'll plan to attend.

Thanks,

Michael Rowe