BEWARE - Phishing for volcanologists

I have received an email purporting to come from one of our well-known
colleagues, asking for funds to be wired to him in Lagos where he has
been robbed.  The sender used the volcanologist's true name and an
email address that is just one character different from the genuine
address, and easy to overlook.

Fortunately my suspicions were aroused, and I didn't reply.

Willy Aspinall