Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Position in Volcanology

**************************************
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Volcanology
From: Roger Briggs <r.briggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
**************************************

Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New
Zealand.
Applications for this position are invited. The successful applicant will have
completed a PhD in Volcanology, and have an established high quality research
record with potential to build and lead a research programme and gain external
funding in the field of physical volcanology and/or assessment of volcanic
hazards. A commitment to excellence in teaching is required in the general
field of volcanology and geohazards within our undergraduate and postgraduate
programmes.
For more information on the teaching and research programmes in our Department,
visit: www.earth.waikato.ac.nz  Further information on this position can be
obtained from Associate Professor Roger Briggs, email: r.briggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Applications should be made on the University of Waikato Application Form
available from http://www.waikato.ac.nz/hrm/vacancies/
Applications close on Friday 2 March 2007.

Associate Professor Roger M. Briggs
Department of Earth Sciences
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105