EGU reminder: session GMPV1

Dear volcano-list,

We would like to invite abstract submissions to our session GMPV1:
"Understanding physical and chemical signals from active volcanoes"
in the EGU meeting, Vienna, details of which are given below.

Please note that the deadline for abstract submission is 15 January.

Best regards,

Jurgen Neuberg (J.Neuberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:J.Neuberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
Mike Burton (burton@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:burton@xxxxxxxxxx>)

***************************
Session GMPV1: Understanding physical and chemical signals from active
volcanoes
General Assembly of the European Geosciences Union (EGU 2007)
Vienna, Austria, 15-20 April 2007
deadline for submitting abstracts: 15th of January 2007
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2007
***************************

Understanding physical and chemical signals from active volcanoes
Conveners: J. Neuberg and M. Burton

Recent advances in geophysical and geochemical measurements on volcanoes
combined with increasingly sophisticated modelling methods are opening new
opportunities to examine the inner working of active volcanoes. New
measurements often produce results which do not easily fit into existing
conceptual paradigms, challenging us to develop more detailed and subtle
models of volcanic systems. By combining diverse empirical approaches with
theoretical studies we can gain surprising and exciting new insights which
are also of direct benefit to the monitoring community and civil defense.

The goal of this session is to provide a forum for multi-disciplinary
approaches in volcanology and encourage submission of papers which
highlight the interaction across classic monitoring and modelling
disciplines. Particularly surprising and unexpected observations
which provide challenges to our current understanding of volcanic
systems are invited to provoke a stimulating discussion about novel
interpretations of such results.