Post-doctoral research position at San Diego State University

*****************************
From: Aaron Pietruszka <apietrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*****************************

Department of Geological Sciences at San Diego State University Research Foundation (SDSURF) invites applications for a Research Scientist I position in isotope geochemistry. The successful candidate is expected to make cutting-edge use of our Nu 1700, a high-resolution MC-ICP-MS for precise isotope ratio measurements, and aid in its continuing development and maintenance. Applications are invited from outstanding candidates with expertise in radiogenic and/or stable isotope geochemistry, but we are particularly interested in candidates who will complement our strengths in igneous geochemistry and volcanic processes. This position with competitive salary will be awarded for one year initially. The appointment may be renewed in increments of one year for a total of three years. The successful candidate is expected to support their research through external research grants written in collaboration with SDSU faculty. Experience in mass spectrometry is required. The minimum qualifications are: MS degree in isotope geochemistry and three years of progressively responsible technical research experience in mass spectrometry and/or clean-room procedures. PhD in isotope geochemistry is preferred. Please visit www.foundation.sdsu.edu to apply. Reference job #060361. Technical contact is Dr. Aaron Pietruszka (apietrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Deadline is 12/1/06, but the position will remain open until filled.