Informal Augustine AGU session

*****************************
Informal Augustine AGU session
From: Kate Bull <kate_bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Alaska Volcano Observatory
*****************************

We would like to announce an informal discussion session focussing on Augustine Volcano, Alaska, to compliment the daytime Special Session V11 "The 2006 Eruption of Augustine Volcano, Alaska" convened by J. Power, K. Bull, and J. Larsen of the Alaska Volcano Observatory. The informal session will be held on Thursday December 14th from 7:15 pm to 10:00 pm at the San Francisco Marriott, Nob Hill A. The goal of this second, informal session, is to encourage discussion among the current physical volcanology, geophyics, and petrology/geochemistry working groups on Augustine Volcano. To help shape discussion we encourage participants to prepare informal presentations of 3-4 powerpoint slides or overheads, taking 5 minutes, that will be followed by a lengthy period for questions and discussion. We encourage you to consider making a presentation to inspire discussion, even if you are already scheduled for the daytime V11 oral sessions on Thursday Dec. 14th, or associated poster session on Friday, Dec. 15th. All insights and ideas about Augustine Volcano are welcome. If you are interested in attending, either to inspire, participate or listen, please send an email to: kate_bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kate_bull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

See you there!

Kate Bull AVO-DGGS

John Power AVO-USGS

Jessica Larsen AVO-UAF

Charlie Mandeville AMNH

Kate Bull

Alaska Volcano Observatory

Alaska Division of Geol. & Geophys. Surveys

3354 College Rd.

Fairbanks, AK 99709

U.S.A.

Tel: +1.907.451.5055