Session JVS001 at IUGG Perugia

********************************
Session JVS001 at IUGG Perugia
********************************
From: Stephen Self <Stephen.Self@xxxxxxxxxx>

'Large volcanic eruptions and their environmental impact'
General Assembly, Perugia, Italy, 2-13 July, 2007

Dear Colleague: We would like to bring to your attention the session JSV001 at the next
IUGG General Assembly in Perugia, 2-13 July, 2007, on 'Large volcanic
eruptions and their environmental impact', which is a joint symposium
between IAVCEI and IAMAS.  We have two convenors representing IAVCEI
(Self, Isaia) and one from IAMAS (Graf).

There has recently been considerable publicity focussed on large-volume
eruptions, particularly explosive "super-eruptions".  We invite
contributions that deal with topics such as:
- Factors that contribute to the accumulation of large, eruptible magma
bodies, and the evolution and dynamics of such bodies.
- Volcanology of large volume eruptions(effusive and explosive),
including potential sites of future eruptions, and eruption prediction.
- Scaling problems going from known small eruptions to super-eruptions.
- Field-based studies of the climatic and environmental impact of large
eruptions.
- Atmospheric model-based assessments of the climatic and environmental
impact of large eruptions.

We welcome your contribution to the session. The conference website is:
http://www.iugg2007perugia.it/, and on-line abstract submission is now
active. The abstract deadline is 31 January, 2007. If you have any
questions, please contact one of the convenors. Prof. Stephen Self Volcano Dynamics Group and CEPSAR
Department of Earth Sciences
The Open University
Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
United Kingdom
[Stephen.self@xxxxxxxxxx]

Dr. Roberto Isaia
Istituto Nazionale Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Osservatorio Vesuviano
via Diocleziano 328
80124 Napoli
Italia