2006 annual workshop of the European Seismological Commission working group

From: Marielle Collombet <earmco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ESC working group 'Seismic phenomena associated with volcanic activity'
IASPEI/IAVCEI Inter-Association Commission on Volcano Seismology

The 2006 annual workshop of the ESC working group will take place in Olot,
Catalonia, Spain, from 18/09/2006 (arrival day) to 24/06/2006 (departure
day). Olot is situated close to Castellfollit de la Roca, one of the entrances
of the National Park of the Volcanic Area of Garrotxa. The airports of Girona/
Barcelona are destinations of cheap airlines which will keep the airfares
down. This should make the meeting particularly interesting for
students!!!

Title:
  "Seismicity related to the reactivation of dormant volcanoes"

Although our workshops deal with all aspects of volcano seismology,every
year we focus on a given topic. This time, we particularly welcome presentations
regarding seismicity related to the reactivation of dormant volcanoes.

This meeting will be co-sponsored by the IASPEI/IAVCEI Inter-Association
Commission on Volcano Seismology. At this meeting a new educational
initiative on Volcano Seismology will be prepared, to be launched at the IUGG
meeting in 2007.

Please go for details to our website <http://earth.leeds.ac.uk/esc_wg>
and click 'Next Workshop'.

Registration with Roberto Carniel: carniel@xxxxxxxxx

Conveners:

J. Neuberg, University of Leeds, UK (WG chairman)
R. Carniel, University of Udine, Italy (WG secretary)
A. Garcia, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
R. Ortiz, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J. Marti, CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
T. Correig, University of Barcelona, Spain