Earth-prints Open Archive for geosciences

From: Jacopo Taddeucci <taddeucci@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

first of all, apologies for any cross-postings.

Dr. Anna Grazia Chiodetti, our chief librarian here at Istituto
Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, asked me to forward the
following information to geology and geophysics related mailing
lists, so I am eagerly disseminating this.

Thank you for your time and check out http://www.earth-prints.org

Best wishes,
Jacopo Taddeucci

------- Earth Prints --------

Earth-prints Open Archive aims to satisfy the increasing demand of
fast, up-to-date, easy-accessible, and free-of-charge sources of
information in all branches of Geosciences. It allows earth
scientists to deposit electronic documents into its collections and
to index them by subjects and keywords.

Earth-prints provides a time-stamp to all deposited materials to
insure precedence rights to original ideas and scientific results. It
deals with copyright issues through Creative Common standards that
offer a wide variety of licenses. All deposited material is made
immediately available to the public.

Subscribers will be sent a daily newsletter according to the topics
they have signed in. The archive has a three-level hierarchical
structure. The top level includes Atmosphere, Cryosphere,
Hydrosphere, Solid Earth and General.

It then branches into several disciplines within the other two
levels. Collections include different kinds of documents, such as
pre-prints, manuscripts, published papers, conference materials,
books, book chapters, posters, theses, Web products and databases.

Earth-Prints main language is English but it accepts also documents
in other languages , giving visibility to data and studies at local
scale that are indeed of general interests. An abstract in English is
always required.

Have a tour into the many features of Earth-prints. Visit our website
and explore the Open archive capabilities.
http://www.earth-prints.org/index.jsp