Help Requested for new BBC TV series

*************************************
Help Requested for new BBC TV series
*************************************
From: Mary Colwell <mary.colwell@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I'm working on a major new BBC TV series on the history of the earth. As part
of the research for this series, I would like to ask for your help. I want to
tap in to your expertise by asking some questions.

Do you know any amazing scientific expeditions/projects happening over the next
12-18 months which might shed light on volcanic processes or the role of
volcanoes in the story of the earth?  It needs to be big and "significant".
We have the ability to set up time-lapse cameras in remote locations for
anything up to a year. What places and processes would you find it exciting to
do this? I'm especially interested in doing this where it might reveal
something of scientific value. (Some ideas we've already thought about include
a surging glacier, the rise and fall of a lava dome, the movement of dunes
across a desert.)
Do you know any unsolved (or very recently solved) mysteries in volcanology?
Finally, are there any spectacular locations that have rarely or never been
filmed in but which illustrate volcanic processes or shed light on great
volcanic related events in the earth's past?  I'm particularly interested
(although by no means exclusively) in Asia, including the former Soviet Union
and China, which are less visited by film crews.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

MARY COLWELL
PRODUCER
BBC SCIENCE UNIT
TEL 020 875 26627