Re: pktgen and sniffing VLAN packets

Ben,
Thanks.
When I remove the "vlan_id" command from the script I do see PKTGEN
packets on UDP port 9.

These are captured by "tcpdump -f udp port 9"

(UDP port 9 is used by default by PKTGEN, I assume that most people
here probably know ).

The thing is that I do want to generate VLAN tagged traffic.

BTW, if I do configure a VLAN on eth0 , I do see VLAN packets (pavkets
with ethertype of VLAN),  when sniffing with something like
"tethereal -R "vlan and host x.y.z.q

Any idea why with pktgen I cannot see VLAN traffic ?

Regards,
Ian