Re: MPU Problems with e100 and VLANs

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 08:13:18AM +0200, Emil Micek wrote:
> I installed a switch just behind the router and configured it to mirror
> the port to which the router is connected.
>
> I then connected win-xp laptop to the port to which the traffic from the
> router was mirrored and the sniff is from WireShark installed on the
> Laptop.

Are you sure the switch is acting correctly?
I mean: the switch also has to pad the packets to the correct
size. If it removes the vlan tag it *has* to add padding to the
packet.
Switches, how stable they seem, are known to have bugs.
These switch bugs are known to occur:
- drop packet since payload without tag is < 64 bytes
- After removing tag forget to pad to 64 bytes.

The e100 is known to pad (hardwarewise) to the correct minimal
payload of 64 bytes.

--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter